The Mandel brothers began donating modestly to charities in the late 1940s. As their business success increased, so did their giving. In 1953, the brothers founded the Mandel Foundation (now named the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation), which supports civic and philanthropic activities in their various areas of interest. In 1990, the Foundation launched the Mandel Foundation-Israel.
From the beginning, the Mandel Foundation has been a vehicle for supporting work to which the Foundation can bring strategic direction and guidance as well as financial resources. The work of the Foundation is grounded in the belief that exceptional leaders, inspired by powerful ideas, are the key to improving society and the lives of people around the world. The Mandel Foundation has identified five areas of engagement that receive its support:
1. Leadership Development
2. Management of Nonprofits
4. Jewish Life
5. Urban Renewal
Parkwood maintains a close relationship with the Mandel Foundation and serves as its Administrative Trustee. To learn more about the Mandel Foundation, please visit mandelfoundation.org or read about their areas of engagement below.